Monday, March 19, 2012

Best. Idea. Ever.

Or at least, today's best idea.

The other day I was having a conversation about how someone needs to write a bunch of sensitive acoustic folk singer-songwriter type music with the lyrics in Klingon. During said conversation, I said that I would totally do it myself, if I were able to sing and play, or sing, or write.

And then, just out of curiosity, I looked up the Klingon dictionary on Amazon. And it was less than a dollar.


So... I got an email today saying it had been shipped.

Now, I'm half committed to writing a Klingon song about some shit. But I want to clarify that I'm NOT learning Klingon. Because I like not having to sleep alone every night. I don't like to buy in to stereotypes, but let's be honest.


As far as this post's title... let me elaborate. After I receive said Klingon dictionary, and dabble a bit with it:


I need to buy a banjo.


There. That's the idea. Friggin Klingon banjo music! Right??

Je suis désolé que je n'aie pas écrit en français pour ce sujet. La prochaine fois.

3 comments:

  1. Oui! S'il vous plaît laisser cela se produire! :) Srsly! You have to do it now. I'm holding you to it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would TOTALLY still sleep with my husband if he learned Klingon - in fact, sweet nothings in Klingon would probably work better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you say that *now*... And it would be fine for a while. He'd be all, "snarl snarl *choking sound*" and you'd be all "aww! I love you too!" But after it sinks in, he'd be all "snarl...? Cough choke snarl??" And you'd be all "I can't believe you speak tlhIngan Hol*. Dweeb. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO OUR MARRIAGE??"

    *Note: because by then, you'd know that's what the language is called within the language. Mostly due to the inevitable process of osmosis.

    ReplyDelete